Yours Truly

Yours Truly
An appreciation for chocolate from an early age

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It was Rachel's idea!

Well, thanks Rachel!  Here I am - with too much to say and an endless stream of thoughts that I want to share. I used to jot down reflections, ideas, concerns, comments all in my journals just for my personal need to express what I needed to say.  Everyone kept saying I should write a book ... we even came up with a title: Chocolate Pudding Moments.  One day is now but in a different format - one I never would have expected from me .. and one that I hope I can grasp. 

I guess I should start by explaining the title Chocolate Pudding Moments. 

I LOVE CHOCOLATE!!
One winter's day, when the finances were at their usual bleak low as a self employed artist, I had a strong desire for chocolate (it really is a stress soother!) .. but couldn't afford to buy even a chocolate bar. Earlier in the year I had occasionally treated myself to the gorgeous Onken chocolate and hazelnut mousse cups .. but that certainly wasn't going to be on the shopping list for a few months! My son loved them too ..... and we missed the treat .. so I got creative - as all desperate chocolohic single self employed starving artist mothers do - and mixed some good ol' Cool Whip and Jello chocolate pudding mix to make our own Winter's mousse. .. but that too was a rationed treat .. just considerably less expensive.  Rations were gone ... or so I thought! 
Then came that day .. Rachel was in the studio with me and I went into the fridge desperately searching for a sweet fix.  I was overjoyed to discover that in that teeny little fridge was a teeny little container that I had put in the day before and forgot was there .. and in it was just enough of my chocolate pudding mousse concoction to rock my world!  I'll never forget my pure joy and excitement. I sat on a stool in the studio with my back to the shop and slowly savoured every spoon.  It was the miracle I needed to get me through that day.  That became a defining moment of what I would consider and appreciate as the blessings in my life.  Instead of waiting for the big whammy miracle that would pull me out of debt and get me through the winter ... I had discovered that even the tiniest of joys found in each day would be enough to sustain me. 

These little miracles, blessings or happenstances - however you view them .. they became my
CHOCOLATE PUDDING MOMENTS.

..... so when you find that rolled up dollar bill in an old winter's sweater .. just when you wanted a coffee
....  or when you get to the check out counter and the grocery bill is $49.73 and you didn't want to go over $50 because that's all you had in your wallet
..... and when you are given a bag of second hand clothes .. just when you were feeling you want a change

they may seem insignificant .. but these are the moments that help shape our day and it is the acknowledgement and appreciation of them that helps define who we are....

I wish for you a chocolate pudding moment when you need it most.

No comments:

Post a Comment