Yours Truly

Yours Truly
An appreciation for chocolate from an early age

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Lifting Spirits

It doesn't take much to lift the spirit of another person but its effects are far reaching. It may only be a smile to a stranger on a bench, really listening to the never ending story of a chatty child ... or forgiving a teenager (when they least expect it) for messing up .. again!

Recently I started filling my free time with rediscovering enjoyable activities such as reading, writing and painting .. and I even joined a Zumba class! I felt like I was 20 again :) It brought me so much joy to finish another book or to learn a new dance step .. doing things for me!!! I wasn't use to that concept. But what was more rewarding was to hear the appreciation and joy I brought to others - from sending a simple post card or hand written letter, spending time for a cup of tea or turning a brown paper bag into a trick or treat master piece with my 5 year old nephew.

Little things ... small actions and words that lift the spirits of others .. but in turn give me that warm sense of chocolate pudding moment satisfaction.

I have been so kindly and wonderfully blessed by others .. I know I may not be able to pass on the kindnesses financially or materialistically but I know that I can show my gratitude by passing on the same spirit of kindness in my every day living.

Here's to savouring those Chocolate Pudding Moments in your day .. and then remembering to pass them on to lift the spirits of those around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment